Welcome to Sundarban National Park
- Sundarban is the largest mangrove forest in the world (140,000 ha).
- Sundarban is one of the famous world heritage declared by UNESCO.
- Sundarban is the homeland of world famous Royal Bengal Tiger.
- About 30,000 beautiful spotted deer live in sundarban.
- There are over 120 different species of fish in Sundarban.
- In Sundarban, not less than 270 variety of birds are found.
- More than 50 species of reptiles have found in Sundarban.
- Eight species of amphibians are seen in Sundarban.
The best time to visit Sundarbans is during winters between December and February.although the park is open for longer from September to March. This is the period when the maximum migratory birds are also present here.
Sundarbans national park is located at the South Eastern tip of the 24 Paraganas district in the state of West Bengal. It got its name from one of the mangrove plants known as Sundari (Heritiera Minor). The Sundarbans are a part of the world's largest delta formed by the rivers Ganges,Brahmaputra and Meghna. Sundarban is a vast area covering 4262 square kms in India alone, with a larger portion in Bangladesh. 2585 sq. kms of the Indian Sundarban forms the largest Tiger Reserve and National Park in India.